HALF DAY UROS ISLAND KAYAKING TOUR
The Uros Islands kayaking half day tour travels within the heart of the Lake Titicaca National Reserve,
habit of endemic and migrant birds and location for reed man made floating islands on Wily river.
Your Uros Island Kayaking Tour starts at 8:50 am, after an early hotel breakfast, with pick-up from your Puno hotel to kayak dock.
At this point you’ll wear personal floatation device, enter in your Kayak and start sailing on Lake Titicaca, but not so fast first your English speaking guide will get you prepared for the day ahead and fitted into your kayaks.
Get elemental kayak paddling instructions, paddling techniques and more.
Now, you can begin paddling at your own rhythm without any pressure. This Titicaca kayak adventure drives you through unique Uros landscapes, a place where high plateau sky and lake is one, blue water ways, green carpeted reeds (mostly in rainy seasons) and native birds living around in their natural habitat all this is amazing.
After 1 hour paddling we’ll stop on Suma Kile island, one of the ancestral Uros reed floating islands on Lake Titicaca, here Maria and her family live on uros island.
Your first impression will be how these magnificent islands would have been built? But, there is no need to imagine!
Just let your guide explain you about their origin, history, way of life and more importantly how the islands are built.
Free time to explore the island and surroundings by reed boat (optional, extra payment of $ 5.00 USD or S/. 15.00 soles per person)
Finally, after one hour on Suma kile get back to same local port by kayaks. Get transferred to your hotels around 12.30 hrs.
- Tour Duration: 4 hours approx. (hotel/uros/hotel)
- Distance Paddling: 16 km round-trip.
- Hotel Pick-Up Time: 9:00 pm.
- Drop Off By Hotels: 12.00 pm.0r 1pm
- Kayak tour: Daily
-9:00 am transfer from your hotel to kayak (DRIVER VACILIO)
– 9:15 am arrival toISLA ESTEVES and meet your guide.
– 9:30 am you start paddling to Uros Islands.
– 10:30 am arrival time to SUMA KILE
– 11:00 am you’ll have free time for exploring the island SUMA KILE or riding reed boat (optional).
– 11:30 am Time to go back to Puno.
– 12:30 pm arrival time to the local port
WHAT SHOULD I BRING TO KAYAKING?
- Sun protection
What’s included in kayaking morning?
- Transfer from your Puno hotel to kayak port.
- Kayak equipment
- Entrance fees to Uros islands.
- English-Spanish speaking group guide.
- Drop off by hotel on return.
I have doubts in kayak tour
If you have questions about our tour, take your time and write to firstname.lastname@example.org or whatsap +51965 025 367 We will show you more obsessions according to your available time.
you will paddle inside (the totora reeds) and with a little wind,bring warm clothe.
- Wear light clothing and also warm, the weather in the mornings is cold, at noon hot and windy by afternoon.
- Wear cap and/orsun cream.
- Cash if you want to buy souvenirs, they do not accept credit cards.
- Drinks and/or snacks.